Good news to all users of Sony Ericsson Xperia Phones, Sony Ericsson has announced that they will start rolling out the Android 2.3.4 update to Sony Ericsson devices globally. Last Time Sony Ericsson spoke that Gingerbread update will be pushed to a few countries in Europe. But the latest update is available for more countries which includes India as well.
The Android 2.3.4 update has lots of new feature which include Google Talk with video chat for handsets with front facing cameras, and lots more features. The new global rollout will support smartphones like the Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini, Xperia Pro, Xperia Mini Pro, Xperia Play, Xperia Ray, Xperia Arc, Xperia Neo, Xperia Arc S, Xperia Active, Xperia Neo V, and the last but not least, the Live With Walkman.
The highlights of the update are:
lights of the update are:
- Google Talk with Video Chat for smartphones with front-facing cameras
- Updated Facebook inside Xperia™ functionality for enhanced like, share and discover abilities. We have talked about Facebook inside Xperia™ on previous posts.
- Xperia™ smartphones introducing world’s first 3D Sweep Panorama functionality powered by Sony.
- 16x video zoom
- The software upgrade will enable consumers to turn their Xperia™ smartphone into a mini-mobile PC by connecting USB peripherals (mouse, keyboard or game controller) to Sony Ericsson LiveDock™ multimedia station. Connect the smartphone to a TV via HDMI to get a big screen experience.
- Gesture input – text input by swiping the finger from one letter to the next
- WiFi DLNA
- Screen capture – allows the user to share a screen grab from anywhere in the phone.